Try this Coconut Scrolls Recipe by @SavourDessert. Sunday Bake… every sunday on PNGBUZZ.COM
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 cup warm coconut milk (not cream)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cups shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk or cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, yeast and sugar; make a well in the center and add in milk, water and oil. Stir together using your hand until well combined and a sticky dough forms; leave the dough in the bowl and place a clean damp tea towel over it and let it sit to proof in a warm dry place for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down the risen dough and turn it onto a lightly floured surface; knead for about 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth; [add in more flour if dough is still sticky and continue to knead until smooth]
- Using a heavy rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rectangle of about 1/2- 1cm thickness.
- For the filling; Brush the top surface of the dough with the coconut oil; sprinkle over with sugar and coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
- Working from the longer side of the rectangle, roll the dough up and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Place on greased baking trays; cover with clean tea towels and set aside for about 1 hour; Preheat oven to 190°C( 170 °C fan forced)
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through; meanwhile mix the icing ingredients until a smooth loose paste forms;
- Remove scrolls from oven; spread icing on when still hot.
Makes about 30 scrolls – Enjoy!
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration
Like PNGBUZZ on Facebook