Try this Cream Buns Recipe by @SavourDessert. Sunday Bake… every sunday on PNGBUZZ.COM
- 4 cups of plain flour + extra for dusting
- 60g of cold butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon extra sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon extra water
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cups caster sugar
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Whisk together the milk, yeast and extra sugar in a small bowl and let it sit aside until frothy.
- In a larger mixing bowl, mix the flour and sugar; add in the butter and rub into the flour mixture with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs; make a well in the center and add in the water and the yeast mixture; mix well together using your hand until the mixture forms a dough; turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth; place the dough back into the mixing bowl and cover with a clean damp tea towel; place in a warm dry place for 1 hour or until the dough has risen and is doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (180°C fan forced)
- Punch the dough down and turn onto a floured surface; knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth; Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces; knead and shape each piece into a ball and place onto a baking try lined with baking paper, leaving enough space in between them to allow for rising; place in a warm dry spot for 10- 12 minutes; mix the egg yolk and water in a small bowl; brush each roll with egg yolk mixture and place in oven to bake for 10 minutes; lower oven heat to 180°C and bake for a further 15minutes; Once cooked, remove from oven and cool completely.
- Slice each roll 3/4 of the way. Fill each roll with the filling and spoon a dollop of jam onto each one. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
- Boil the water and sugar in a small saucepan; remove from heat and cool completely.
- Beat the butter and vanilla in a small mixing bowl until light and creamy; add in the sugar mixture in batches and beat further until well combined, smooth and creamy.
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration
Like PNGBUZZ on Facebook