Easy Lemon Cake
Try this Easy Lemon Cake Recipe by @SavourDessert. Sunday Bake…every Sunday on PNGBUZZ.COM
- 125g butter, chopped and softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup, full fat natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°c (160°C fanforced)
- Grease a 22cm ring pan (see notes)
- Place all the ingredients except icing sugar in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat further until mixture is smooth and pale.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 50minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cake sit in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Dust cake with icing sugar and serve.
Notes: A normal round 20cm cake pan can be used as well – just increase cooking time by 10 minutes.
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration