White Forest Cheesecake
Try this White Forest Cheesecake Recipe by @SavourDessert. Sunday Bake…every Sunday on PNGBUZZ.COM
- 250g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 150g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup hot, boiled water
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- 2/3 cups of pitted morello cherries in jar
- 1/2 cup extra caster sugar for topping
- Grease base and sides of an inverted springform pan.
- Mix the biscuit and butter in a bowl and press onto the base and sides of the pan; Place in the refrigerator while working on the filling.
- Process the cream cheese and sugar in a food processor until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate and process further.
- Mix the gelatin with water in a small heatproof bowl until gelatin is dissolved; Add the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and process until combined.
- In a separate bowl have the whipped thickened cream; add the cream cheese mixture in and fold until well combined.
- Drain the cherries and reserve the liquid; add the cherries into the cream cheese mixture and fold gently.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared biscuit base and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place the reserved juice with the extra sugar in a small saucepan and cook over low to medium heat until boiling. Let it boil till the syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Pour the syrup over the cheesecake and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once set, remove from pan and serve.
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration
Like PNGBUZZ on Facebook