In this Homemade Quesadillas recipe, the tortilla will be represented by pancakes.
To make the Pancake you need:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup hot boiled water
- Mix the flour and water in a heatproof bowl and working very quickly stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is warm enough to handle with hands.
- Turn onto a lightly floured bench and knead until dough is smooth and slightly stretchy.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll into balls. Using a heavy rolling pin roll out into circles of about 2mm thick.
- Heat a heavy base frying pan over medium heat, cook the pancakes for 30 seconds on each side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and wrap with foil until needed.
To make the Filling you need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced finely
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced finely
- 1 small zucchini, diced finely
- 3 cloves garlic, cushed
- 1 cup of crushed tinned tomatoes
- 1 cup grated chedder cheese
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the beef and stir fry until browned.
- Add in the onions and carrots, stir fry for about 5minutes, add in the zucchini and garlic, stir for a further 15 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and continue cooking for another 15 mins, until the vegetables have all softened. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Heat a clean skillet over medium heat.
- Lay a pancake on a clean surface. Sprinkle some cheese over half of the pancake and top with some filling, followed with some more cheese. Fold the empty half of the pancake over the half with the filling and very carefully place it on the heated skillet. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for a minute or two. Flip the filled pancake and cook the other side for a further minute or two. Remove from heat and cut in half.
- Repeat with the remaining pancakes and filling. Serve with avocado or sauce.
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration
Like PNGBUZZ on Facebook