Easy Wholemeal Crackers
Try this Easy Wholemeal Crackers recipe by Made in Geno’s Kitchen
- 2 and 1/4 cups wholemeal plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil (see notes)
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Make well in the center
- Add in oil and water and mix together until a dough forms.
- Turn onto a lightly floured bench and knead for 3 to 5 minutes. Roll out the dough thinly with a rolling pin to about 3mm thick.
- Cut into desired shape and size. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 20-25mins or until cooked through. Turn off oven. Let the biscuits sit on the trays in the oven with the oven door ajar until cooled completely.
** Biscuits can be stored in airtight container for up to 4 days.
** Serve with mashed avocado or cheese.
Notes: I used olive oil but coconut oil or vegetable oil can be used.
Follow Made in Geno’s Kitchen on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration