Try this Garlic and Herb Flat Bread recipe Made in Geno’s Kitchen
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 4 medium sized cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped.
- 2 teaspoons thyme or rosemary or mixture of both.
- 1 sachet of yeast (7g)
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 and 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt + a pinch extra
- Pre heat oven to 230 °C (210°C fan forced)
- Mix oil, garlic and herbs in a small bowl, cover and set aside for 30 minutes or overnight to infuse.
- Mix water, yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl and allow to froth up for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of the garlic infused oil into the yeast mixture and stir only very lightly, leaving the mixture in a lumpy batter. Allow it to sit for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add in the remaining flour and mix well until fully incorporated and a dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a floured bench and knead for about 12 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth.
- Shape dough into a ball and rub a bit of the infused oil on it.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover with a tea towel.
- Set aside for 1 hour to proof.
- Use a bit of the infused oil to grease a rectangle baking tray.
- Tip the risen dough onto the tray and press down to cover the whole base. Create dimples on the dough with fingertips.
- Pour the remaining oil, including the garlic and hebs onto the dough, maneuvering it so it fills the little dimples. Sprinkle over with the extra salt.
- Allow it to rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with extra olive oil if desired.
Follow Made in Geno’s Kitchen on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration
Like PNGBUZZ on Facebook