Air Niugini has advised that at present there are no restrictions at all on domestic air travel. Passengers will be temperature tested upon entering all airport terminals, provided a face mask at check-in and will need to fill in the passenger contact tracing form (APTF).
Air Niugini continues to fly to Brisbane five times per week, Singapore four times per week, and Cairns once per week. There are presently no scheduled flights to other international locations , but Air Niugini will announce if it is able to recommence flights to any of its other international destinations.
Passengers wishing to return to PNG must adhere to the following process;
- PNG Citizens and PNG permanent residents must contact the PNG Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAIT) to request return. This will normally be via their nearest Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. This request must include evidence that you have already paid for 14 days quarantine at an approved hotel. For PNG citizens if you cannot afford the cost of the hotel you must advise DFAIT of this who will make appropriate arrangements
- Non-PNG citizens must send their request for uplift (including explaining the reasons for uplift) to email@example.com . This request must include evidence that you have already paid for 14 days quarantine at an approved hotel.
Air Niugini cannot book your ticket for uplift (or change your present bookings to new travel dates) until we have;
- For PNG citizens/permanent residents: Evidence from DFAIT that your uplift has been approved; or
- For Non-PNG citizens: Evidence from firstname.lastname@example.org that your uplift has been approved.
Bookings for all inbound international flights will close 24 hours prior to scheduled departure.
- Passengers checking in for inbound international flights are expected to be required to show the following
- Passport and valid visa (where not travelling on a PNG passport) (as always)
- Ticket (as always)
- Evidence that you have tested negative for COVID-19 via a PCR test within 14 days prior to your uplift.
- Evidence of which approved facility you will complete your 14 days quarantine
- A copy of the approval to uplift from the Controller.
Customers are also advised that Air Niugini has been directed that there shall be no in-flight catering provided on the aircraft. Therefore passengers are advised to have something to eat before boarding the aircraft, or bring some food with you. Water is being supplied on all international flights.