H.E. Grand Chief Sir Bob Bofeng Dadae, GCL, GCMG, KStJ, Governor General of Papua New Guinea, today officiated at the swearing-in ceremony of new members of the National St. John Council of PNG.
The appointment of the new members of the National St John Council of PNG is for a period of one and three years effective as of 1st April, 2020 to 1st May 2023.
The new members represent various sectors of the community and with experience in law, medicine and the business community, among others.
The new members are:
1. Jean Kekedo as Chair of the National St. John Council of PNG;
2. Peter Lowing as Deputy Chair;
3. Lutz Heim as Treasurer;
4. Des Yaninen, Member;
5. Dr. Lynda Sirigoi – Senior Medical Officer;
6. David Manning – Commissioner RPNGC;
7. Ivan Lu – Business Community;
8. Vavine Anang – Member (appointment term of 1 year).
The new members recited before the Governor General the Oath of service of The Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem to serve humanity in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
The Governor General is a Knight of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem, KStJ, and President of the National St. John Council of PNG, which is the governing body of the St. John Ambulance of PNG.