Baked Orange and Lemon Cheesecake
Try this Baked Orange and Lemon Cheesecake Recipe by @SavourDessert. Sunday Bake…every Sunday on PNGBUZZ.COM
- 250g (1pkt) Milk Arrowroot Biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 750g (3 ×250g pkts) cream cheese, softened
- finely grated rind of 1 small orange
- finely grated rind of one small lemon
- 1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Sour Cream Topping
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar •2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Grease a 24 cm closed springform pan.
- Crush the biscuits until fine. You can do that using a food processor or you can place the biscuits in a large zip lock bag and use a heavy rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs. Place the finely crushed biscuits into a bowl, add in the melted butter and combine well. Press the mixture over the base and sides of the prepared pan. Place the pan on an oven tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C/ 140°C (fan forced oven)
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and rinds in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the sour cream and juice until well combined.
- Pour the filling onto the biscuit base. Bake for 1 1/4 hours. Remove from the oven. Cool slightly for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk all the sour cream topping ingredients in a small bowl and pour evenly over the cheesecake.
- Return the Cheesecake into the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cake to cool in there with the oven door ajar. Remove from oven and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
My tip: I always put a pan with hot water in it at the base of the oven when baking a Cheesecake. This creates moisture(steam) and prevents the Cheesecake from drying out.
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration