Dark Chocolate Mousse
Try this Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe by @SavourDessert. Sunday Bake…every Sunday on PNGBUZZ.COM
- 300 g 70% dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature, separated
- 300 ml thickened cream + extra for serving
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, remove from heat a cool slightly
- Add the egg yolks into the chocolate and whisk well together
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until thickened and a soft peak forms; set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream and sugar until thickened and soft peak forms as well; set aside.
- Pour half the beaten egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture and fold in gently, add the remaining egg whites and continue to fold in gently until just combined.
- Pour the cream mixture into the chocolate mixture and fold in very gently, making sure not to pop the aerated egg whites.
- Divide the mixture into glasses and chill in the fridge for 4 hours
- Serve with extra whipped cream and berries
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration
Like PNGBUZZ on Facebook