Alcohol-free Fruit Cake
Try this Alcohol-free Fruit Cake Recipe by @SavourDessert. Sunday Bake…every Sunday on PNGBUZZ.COM
- 500g packet mixed fruits
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup apple puree
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- Grease a 20 cm round cake tin and line base and sides with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add mixed fruits, butter, sugar, syrup and juice into a large saucepan and place on the stove over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil; lower the heat and let it simmer for 15minutes while stirring frequently.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and add in the bi-carb soda. Mix and leave it aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced)
- Add the eggs and puree into the fruit mixture and mix well together.
- Add in the flours and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and arrange almonds over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 90 mins or until cake is cooked through when tested.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and set it aside to cool completely before serving.
*Cake can be made up to 1 month ahead. Just keep in airtight container in a cool dry place.
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration