The PNG Barramundis (the Barras) led by skipper Assad Vala, are playing their first match of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019 in Dubai against Bermuda on 19 October.
PNG will be aiming for a top-six finish in order to make it to the main event next year.
Here’s a real quick overview of the Barras
- PNG at 16th place on ICC Men’s T20I Team Rankings
- PNG Qualified through the East Asia-Pacific Qualifier Group A, and the East-Asia Pacific Regional Finals Qualifier.
- PNG considered one of the stronger contenders in the tournament.
- Seven of PNG’s 15 players have played at least 30 international games across the two white-ball formats.
- Hungry to win an international match after recent consecutive losses in the 50 over format
- PNG have never featured in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup.
- 19 October: v Bermuda, ICC Academy, Dubai
- 20 October: v Namibia, ICC Academy, Dubai
- 21 October: v Scotland, ICC Academy, Dubai
- 24 October: v Netherlands, ICC Academy, Dubai
- 25 October: v Singapore, Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- 27 October: v Kenya, Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Go the Barras!