Try this yummy Peach Cake recipe by @SavourDessert. Sunday Bake…every Sunday on PNGBUZZ.COM
- 150g butter, really softened but not melted
- 1/2 cup raw caster sugar + 1/2 tablespoon extra
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup self- raising flour
- 2 ripened peaches, peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 extra ripened peaches, stoned and sliced into wedges
- Pre heat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced oven)
- Grease and line a 6″ round × 3″ cake tin with baking paper
- Whisk butter in a medium bowl until smooth
- Add in sugar, whisking further; add in the eggs one at a time and whisk until very well combined.
- Add in the almond meal and flour; fold through.
- Add in the diced peaches and fold in gently.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, arrange the extra peaches on the top and sprinkle the extra sugar over. Bake for an hour or until cooked through when tested.
Notes: if peaches are not available, apples or mangoes can be used.
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration