With the recent announcement from Prime Minister Hon James Marape, the National Capital District will undergo a 14 day Lockdown effective Wednesday 29 July 2020. PNG Air is advising its Customers and Traveling public that their Domestic Services will be operating “Business as Usual” during and after the 14 Day Lockdown.
PNG Air will operate under the strict COVID-19 Health requirements and in compliance with the Pandemic Act Direction relating to Domestic Travel Measure No.3, issued by the Controller David Manning.
All intending Passengers who wish to travel with PNG Air must comply with the following measures:
• Completion of Individual Air Passenger Travel Form available at all PNG Air Sales Offices and have a valid reason for travel;
• Social Distancing at Check-in, Boarding and disembarkation;
• Face Masks will be worn by passengers for the duration of the flight and disembarkation into the designated Terminals;
• Inflight Catering will not be served; therefore we recommend the passengers have a meal before your flight;
• PNG Air will continue to provide Hand Sanitizing and issuance of Face Masks at the Gate Checks.
Reasons for Travel:
• Students returning to their usual place of residence or returning to their educational institution (one way tickets to be issued);
• Persons returning to their usual residence (one way tickets will be issued);
• Essential Services;
• Essential business travel;
• Seeking medical assistance and medivac; and
• Emergency Transport, including but not limited to repatriation of deceased person.
The National Declaration of Health (NDOH) Forms will continue to be distributed and must be completed and presented upon arrival into your domestic port of travel.
All of PNG Air will be in compliance, adhering to advice from the PNG Government as per the Pandemic Measures issued to mitigate the risks in the spread against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Pic Credit: PNG Air