Cheese and Vegemite scrolls
Try this tasty Cheese and Vegemite scrolls recipe by @SavourDessert
- 4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 150 ml warm milk
- 150 ml warm water
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cups melted butter
- 1 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons vegemite
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Mix sugar, milk, water and yeast in a small bowl and set aside until frothy
- In a separate bowl fluff the flour with a fork or whisk and make a well in the center.
- Add the yeast mixture, melted butter and eggs into the flour and mix together until mixture comes together and forms a soft dough. Turn over onto a floured bench and knead until dough is smooth and bounces back when poked. Oil the mixing bowl and return the dough into it and let it proof for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and turn onto a lightly floured bench. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a rectangular piece, (about 40x 30 cm)
- Mix the softened butter and vegemite together and spread over the top of the dough. Sprinkle over with the cheese. Very carefully, roll the dough up onto a log from the longer side of the rectangle. Slice into equal portions and place onto the baking tin, lined with baking paper. Cover with tea towel and let it stand for another hour.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 190° C, once dough has rested for an hour, bake for about 30 mins or until cooked through.
Follow @SavourDessert on Instagram for some home-made baking inspiration
Like PNGBUZZ on Facebook